No, I'm not really back back. I'm still travelling--currently in Orlando, and will be at RT as you know--but I wanted to pop in and say hi anyway.
Some highlights of the last couple of weeks (if you want to call them "highlights"):
1. Incredibly rough sea crossing. Everyone got sick but me. I was very proud of that until I got horribly sick the day after arrival (more on that in a minute).
2. I did meet a couple of lovely German ladies on the boat, though. We smoked and chatted quite a bit.
3. Felt disoriented on arrival in NYC. Had trouble getting my land legs. Hmm.
4. Awesome lunch with awesome editor. Even more awesome meeting with awesome Del Rey people. I felt like I was making a big chatty idiot of myself but they were nice anyway. Proceeded on to dinner with other awesome editor. Had great time. Thought was quite drunk but realized as time went on that not only had I not actually had that much to drink--comparatively speaking--but had also downed enormous quantities of water and quite a bit of food. Began to wonder if drunken feeling was not in fact delerium, as floor had not stopped moving since got off boat.
5. Sick as a DOG. Oh, yes. Stomach flu time. Had to cancel lunch with agent. Had to cancel pre-lunch lunch with editor pal. Had to cancel after-lunch meeting at Pocket. Had to cancel dinner with agent pal. Spent entire day thinking I was probably about to die. No, seriously. I was sweaty. I was shivering. I was extremely ill. Couldn' keep anything down. Horrible.
6. Left NY, still felt sick.
7. Virginia. OMG what a gorgeous state.
8. Witnessed accident right in front of us in SC. Was totally one guy's fault. Gave statement to awesome, manly sherrif.
9. Couple of days in Atlanta. Finally felt better yesterday, which was Saturday for those keeping rack. Told you I was sick.
10. TARGET!! MOUNTAIN DEW!! WENDY'S!!
11. Headed to FL today. Saw PT Cruiser inferno on side of highway. Seriously. Big ball of flame. Ack!
12. Florida!! How I missed you. I hated you when I lived here but still.
...and that's basically it so far. I'll try to check in more often now, since I have a power adapter for my laptop.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Unique Visitors -->